Monday, December 24, 2007

have cold, will get cupped.

this is what happened at the acupuncturist's office last week, when i went in for a cold---not only did behnaz the nice acupuncturist stick needles all over my eyes, and entire sinus area, forehead, arm and ankles to clear up my decongestion, she cupped my back! it wasn't at all painful or unpleasant, it was actually very relaxing and soothing, esp with all the new agey music playing softly in the light-filled room, with the buddha statues lording over me. (that's not me in the pictacure below though--i'll have you know my back is much nicer than that one). that was last thursday, and ever since, i've gone through umpteen boxes of tissues and my nose has been running like a broken tap.
i have to say, the visit to behnaz's office as referred by my midwife's office, since i can't take any prescription cold or antibiotic medicine (not that those will help), has piqued my interest in all things alternative and chinese medicine. i've been looking up all sorts of things on the internet, and am convinced that ancient chinese medicine has all sorts of wisdom that i've never really investigated. it makes a lot of sense, to eat well, to eat yin/yang/hot/warming/cool foods for your body and to seek balance. right now, i'm drinking a lot of ginger tea with honey, and i've read that i need to eat red beans for my kidneys, which controls the water/elimination and nasal passages elements of the body. all of this actually reminds me of my granny, who used to get treated with chinese medicine all the time.

merry christmas, happy new year, happy everything. will update the baby alert, as soon as baby's train arrives at the station.......stay tuned.

No comments: